Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Progress

We're getting closer!

Last night after work we went to the old place and cleaned it up.  I mean scrubbed!  The owners are super particular so we did a really good job of making sure it was clean.  We scrubbed walls, floors, bathroom, everything.  I got there about 45 minutes before R got there.  All in all it took about 2 hours.  But it was worth it in the end, we were given back the full deposit.  Yay!

I went home after to see how the banana head was doing, lol.  Before we moved to this place, for her entire 2 years, Chiquita (my dog) was left in a room during the day (usually the office).  Because she was a turd and would get into things.  However, I get tired of this and wanted to let her roam in this house.  We don't want her upstairs on our bed during the day so we'll end up putting a gate up for that, but we let her roam otherwise.  So far, 2 nights in and 1 day and she didn't get into anything, yet.  I'm sure she will at some point or another, but I like that she has more space to play.  Chances are she sleeps all day but at least I feel better about it now. 

So I made supper, R had to run to the garage (it hasn't been moved over yet) and then we unpacked a few boxes.  And by we, I mean me.  He set up the computer and desk, which is good because it was all just piled in the way so at least it's functioning now and that corner is set up. 

Tonight we are going to unpack!  R is going to bring as many boxes into the house as he can until he drops and I'm going to unpack the kitchen and then just direct the boxes into the right rooms.  It didn't help getting home around 7:30 last night.  Although I did cook a meal for the first time in a few days :)

Today I'll be spending the day in the payroll office...well at least the morning.  I have a lot to do in there and I'm tired of the emails about where stuff is.  I'm working 2 jobs people, jeez relax! 

1 comment:

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.