Monday, May 16, 2011

Epiphany

Ever have a realization that is simple, yet silly?

This morning I was getting ready for work and I realized that I'm on medication.  For life.  I've been taking this pill every day for the past 2 years, but for some reason it just hit me this morning.  It's one of those, I'm getting older moments, but it still caused me to stop and think about it.

What really started it, is that our suite is being shown to potential renters and so since someone is coming in this afternoon, I was looking around to ensure that everything is ok and I saw the bottle on the bathroom shelf with the little pink pills in it.  And I realized, I'm one of those people!  Surreal.  I'm not dying, but I do have hypothyroidism. 

Basically an under-active thyroid, which funnily enough took years to diagnose, mostly because all the symptoms are so basic that no one would ever know. 

Today will be insane.  I have a meeting shortly and after that 3 new employee orientations.  I have minutes to catch up on and a RSP/RPP clearing account for payroll that doesn't balance that I need to find out why. 

And then all the other day to day things.  Better run.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I take Cardizem and have been trying to get off of it for a long time. Hypothyroidism is nothing to fool with!!!

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.