Friday, May 6, 2011

To the people upstairs

I understand you think you did us a big favor by letting me move in, however this doesn't really stand when you post your ad for a basement suite for single person or a couple.  We are a couple.  If you didn't want 2 people you should have listed your ad for one person or said no when you were asked.

You're never going to find a better renters than us.  We pay our rent on time, we are clean, quiet, respectful.  When you didn't want my dog to pee on your lawn, I took her out the alley  behind the house.  Every.  Single.  Day.  Even in 3 feet of snow.  When you asked us to shovel said snow - even though our lease specifically said that snow removal was provided, we complied. 

When your cow-girlfriend verbally b!tch-slapped me for 2 drops of water on the stairs we took it, cleaned it up and let it go.  When you changed the terms of the lease, we took it.  When you demanded we take off our shoes before entering the house (yep, even in the snow) we did what you wanted. 

When our lease came close to an end, even though we don't have to give you notice legally, and even though we told you when we signed the lease that we were leaving when it ended.  We still gave you 30 days written notice.

We accepted the fact that you both walk (stomp) around the house like you are elephants without complaining.  We ignored the fact that your dog's room was above ours and when you gave him that chew toy/bone to make him quiet (instead of walking him like you should have) and the fact that it sounded like you were drilling into the floor above our bedroom when we were trying to sleep, well we just put in ear plugs and made the best of the situation.

However, at some point, people stop being patient and get tired of the crap.  The final straw was GOING INTO OUR SUITE yesterday.  I know you denied this, but I am VERY conscientious to turn off the lights and when I got home yesterday the living room light was on.  I check every morning and I know I turned the light off, because I turned back to check yesterday before I left for work. 

To make matters worse, I don't care that it is your house.  It is our suite that we pay WAY too much in rent for.  So, when you leave a note on our door giving us "notice" that want to show the suite, which basically is only 45 minutes from when I walk in the door.  Well, that right there is not notice.  What is the point in leaving a note saying if it doesn't work to call you, if when we do you tell us you are going to show it either way?  We both have cell phones, call us.  The numbers are on our lease. 

You know what time I get home from work, because on a weekly basis your dog knocks me to the ground by jumping on me when I try to get in the house.  Is it really that difficult to schedule your showing around 7 instead of the note for 5:30 that you left us.  What would have happened if we hadn't have come home before 5:30?  Yeah, you probably would have shown it either way. 

I know when we leave you are going to try to keep part of our damage deposit, even though there is NO damage, some minor wear on the floors from usage (and the fact you put the cheapest laminate you could find in there), but we still have our own smoking gun.  R will do the walk through with you, and if you keep any more than $50, we will report you to the city for your illegal suite. 

You've pushed us too far and now we'll pull you with us. 

Signed,
The best tenants you'll ever have, but then you screwed us over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.