Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cram Full

This day has been incredibly busy already! 

I got here early, which is good, because that would likely have been my only quiet time all day.  Had a quick breakfast, drank some tea and hit the floor running.  It hasn't stopped.

I had a surprise new hire come in.  No one had told me.  Since I do ALL the offer letters, I wasn't aware.  She was basically hired on the spot (remember my post about sexist managers?) Anyhow, so I had to get her into a pre-employment physical then book her orientation. 

After that, an hour long meeting, then back to my office to try to organize a few things that are getting away from me.  I have 2 new hires to organize for this week then 2 the week after and another in June.  Since I'm also partially covering payroll it keeps me busy.  Get the manual copied, find all the new forms.  Go over some forms I just recieved from the other branch, send them back to be filled out correctly (*sigh*).

Eat a quick lunch (now -  noon) then a meeting about the Slave Lake fire and some new fund raiser we are apparently going to launch (like I have time), then new hire orientation - start at least.  I have another meeting at 2 that will be an hour, then finish the orientation.  That will wind up my day.

Go home, load the truck, take another load in the rain to the new house.  Oh ya, we started the move yesterday.  We moved a load in the rain.  It sucked big time!  Super wet.  The house is still occupied so we put the load in the garage.  Another load today, then we can assess and see how many more boxes we'll need to finish. 

R is hoping they will be gone and we can move the bed over tomorrow after work.  If so, we'll do another load tomorrow after work too and then the rest of the furniture on Saturday.  Eeek!

We have to paint the house after we move in as well.  It's gonna be a rush!  Then clean the old place and be out by Monday.  I'm tired just thinking about it. 

It's forecasted to rain all week, I sure hope they are wrong this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.