Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yikes what a day...

Well I still feel anxious over the JS start up again. I have no idea why I feel so jumpy about it. Becomingkate and Bobby both put it perfectly - it took so long to get up here and the bugs at JS are hard to figure right now. I've never used wordpress before, but I'm not a fan as of yesterday. I'm frustrated because I do miss JS a lot, but it's not home right now. This place is getting better and I've found most of you all here. I feel like a lost, confused little kid who doesn't know where to call home...

I think for now, I'm going to stay here and try to figure out JS a bit later. Maybe give it a week or 2 to get less confusing...? I can't even figure out how to search for members! Damn I hate this.

Anyhow, moving on...

Today was a good day. My friend Carrie, is pregnant and her due date is today! She called me at 7:15 this morning and told me she had a false alarm, but was at the hospital, could I come pick her up and drive her home? Yep, gotta go to work first and get my boys out the door, but then I'll come and get her. So keeping driving to work, get the boys set up. Drive from the North of the city to the South to go get her, then drive back across the city back north, get on the hwy and drive another 25km, drop her off, drive the 25kms back to my office. Whew!

Then work all day.

Her friend Jackie is being her coach and with her when she goes into labor, but I was on baby watch and a back up - since Jackie's work is being "unreasonable" and wouldn't let her leave during the day if Carrie went into labor. To be honest, I had no desire what-so-ever to be in that delivery room with her, but she's my friend and I don't want her to be alone. So, I would have gone. Anyhow, later in the afternoon, around 3, Carrie was heading back to the hospital and Jackie was off work to take her. I'm relieved!

I hope she's doing well. No news yet, but I'm sure she'll have him tonight.

Carrie got pregnant and the guy she was seeing split. Just FYI....

Anyhow, so that's all I got. Chris will be home in 5 days and I'll be happy, he's been gone now for 17 days and I miss him. I'm getting lonely and bored too. Maybe that's why I'm so cranky over this JS thing...

4 comments:

  1. I am anxious about it as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you on the whole js thing...congrats for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not home because it's totally changed. It's like going on a vacation, and while you're gone, thieves have come, ransacked your home, taken everything out. You come back and it's NOTHING like you left it. The FEEL is gone for me - I would have to really force myself to do anything with it beyond registering and maybe posting the same posts I am currently posting on 3 different sites. Give it time - maybe they'll do something different with it - I already have a Wordpress account - it works, but what do I need with ANOTHER one?

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.