Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday frustrations

Actually my day started out rather well. I was busy as ever, trying to get all 3 mechanics out the door and give them things to keep them busy. I hate coming in not prepared, it's a mad rush to try to find them work so they get in as many billable hours in a day as possible. I managed by about 9:30 to get them all out the door and busy for today and tomorrow. Now tomorrow I'll have to focus on the rest of the week... *sigh* it's ongoing.

Speaking of on-going. It's been a while since I've talked about the jerk that I work with in the parts department. He is still up to his stupid ways. I'll have to back date here to give a little history on what happened over the Christmas JS shutdown.

So I worked November 11th (because it was a Tuesday and I was so very far behind at work), in lieu my company gave me January 2nd off. Because our company year end is December 31st, I'm not allowed to take any days off in December, ever, at all. Anyhow, I had previously back in September booked January 2nd off as I knew I was going to my mom's for NYE. Anyhow, so in November, after I had already changed the 2nd from a vacation day to a lieu day, the parts jerk decided he was going to take Jan. 2nd off too. Now because we are a small branch, one of us always has to be in the office. If not him, then me and vise versa. Well he booked the day off anyhow. (We book thru separate managers).

Anyhow, on so on December 30th I found out that he took the day off, I asked him how that was going to work, us both being off, he said he didn't care and don't worry about it, the parts manager knew. Well I knew I'd get in shit for it, (or we both would) and if he was unwilling to tell someone or go thru the proper channels I'd do it. So I called payroll and talked to her about who booked it off first and let her know that no one was going to be in the office that day. She passed it on to the appropriate person. The parts manager called the jerk and told him since I had taken it off first, he had to work it.

But get this, he now gets 2 days off instead!! WTF??? I'm mad by now. So he doesnt' follow the "rules" and he gets rewarded by another day off with pay?? Come on now!!!

Today I find out that on Friday he called the parts manager and got him to send the guys in the back home early because they weren't working (it was slow) just so he could leave early!! He closed the shop at 2pm! So, now he screws the guys in the back out of 2.5 hours of pay, closes the shop 2.5 hours early, gets paid the full day, and gets another vacation day in lieu...???????

I'm discusted but it all! It's total favoritism. I'm going to talk to the branch supervisor tomorrow, (we are friends and share an office) and update him about what I found out today. After that I'm calling my service manager (who happens to be the son of the owner of the company) and tell him he needs to come to the branch so we can have a meeting.

I'm going to tell him everything that's been going on. That I want a raise and that I'm not happy. I realize that I should rever my job right now, but I don't. I'm not scared or worried about the future (although I probably should be). I can't stand what goes on in this branch. I bust my ass and work so hard and he gets favoritism and rewarded for not telling anyone, even though he knew for 2 full months that no one was going to be in the office on Friday. Ya ok.

I don't know what to expect from that meeting, but dammit something has to change.

4 comments:

  1. Geeze, whata snot that guy sounds like. Seems like it's always the slackers that get whatever they want and the hard workers always getting the shaft. Hope that meeting works out for you, good to prepare your thoughts in advance and think of anything that might come up to be able to respond effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still job hunting? I thought you had an interview somewhere... i can't remember and since JS is down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be careful...Having a job is a good thing in this economy...

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a look around, but didn't apply to anything yet. I know with the economy I have to be careful. Right now I'm just looking to see what will change of this jerk and go from there.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.