Saturday, January 10, 2009

Retail Therapy

I wasn't sure whether I was going to go anywhere today or not, but I decided to get up and meet Becomingkate for lunch. I was up anyhow, so I hustled and got there in time for her lunch break. I love being able to do that. I can't really just fly out of here and run away when Chris is home, so that was good. We had a nice lunch, I went and did some shopping and came home. It was good.

I finally got a new shower curtain for our bathroom. The guest bath has been done for months now, and then I had to break from house stuff when Chris wasn't working. I've been dying to replace our shower curtain with something nicer. I found one, got a nice, fabric liner, a new bath mat that matches the curtain and a new hamper! And thanks to our stash of Canadian Tire money, I only had to put out $20!

Then I went and got the HOT boots I was looking at before. They are smokin'!! And when I got to the till, they were half price!!!!! I love it when that happens.

Now I'm home and thinking about relaxing the rest of the day. I'm going to get on my eliptical after supper I think. But for now, I'm going to go and bask in my shopping pleasure!!

5 comments:

  1. $20 is really good. Are you gonna post a pic of those boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see a picture of the boots too!!! I love when I get deals like that. Glad you had a good time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. o0o0o0 girl doesn't it just thrill you when you find a bargain that you didn't know you were going to get? I had that with a little jacket that I have wanted from the time I arrived, but I didn't want to pay 200.00 for it. I kept waiting and watching and sure enough, after Christmas they had it half price. They didn't have it in the store, but I had them order it from the store because they'll give me free shipping as opposed to if I order it myself. I got back to moms and saw that I had an additional 20% off discount in email, so I called the company and since they already had billed it to my credit card they couldn't discount it from my bill, but instead they gave me a 40 credit that appeared on my bill after the jacket had billed to my credit card. I got the jacket for 60.00!!! I was SO excited.

    I wanna see your boots too!!! I love shopping and great bargains!

    I got my package on Friday. I had to pick it up at the post office, because for some reason they didn't deliver it. I wasn't home when they tried, but my dad was and he said no one came to the door.

    Anyway... I LOVEEEE my goodies. I literally squealed when I saw the chocolate orange slices sprinkled on the top. Those are my FAVORITE candies ever and as much as I didn't want to, I did share them haha.. I didn't know they had them individually wrapped now with the various types, but they were SOOO good. I also love the coffee, and it was a great idea with the individual pot packs, because it makes it easy to drink some now, and tke some home with me. I LOVE coffee and it was DELISH!! I haven't tried the cappuccino yet- I think I'm not going to open it and take it home with me.

    Again, thank you SOOO much. I'm so thrilled you were my S.S. :) Your goodies were PERFECT! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, well I'm happy that you liked your gift. I'm also happy it got to you in time!! I was worried you'd leave before it got to you. It took like 3 weeks to get there - yikes! I took a guess at coffee - as you talk about it sometimes, I'm just happy you got it!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.