Sunday, January 4, 2009

back to normal

I'm still not overly crazy about the new blog. I miss JS a lot and the people. I spent a ton of time online today trying to find where some of my faves went. I found a bunch of you (yay) but I'm still missing some of the ones I loved to read. I also hate the fact that some people have switched to all kinds of sites, so some are here and others aren't. It's harder to catch up with everyone. :( I miss a ton of blogs but ones I still can't find: Roux, lostkittens, forest, or bobby.

Anyhow, onto life. Today was pretty good. I cleaned up the house and put away the rest of the gifts that were still hanging around. I got most things put away. I still have some things that are Chris's that I need to do something with. It's a slow process.

Back to work tomorrow, yuck. I enjoyed working 3 day weeks, now back to normal and 5 working days. Yikes.

Life is good though. We were blessed this Christmas. We were able to see a lot of our family and that was great. We were both spoiled and Chris has been back to work since the 27th of December. I'm happy.

We have some other good news too - we are going to start trying to have a baby! I'm super excited about this and of course I can't tell anyone!!! It's making me crazy. We don't want the pressure of telling people so we are going to wait until something (or nothing) happens. April will be our one year anniversary so it's a tad bit early but still very exciting. We've realized we were waiting until we were more financially secure but who knows when that will ever happen? Life is never secure financially anyhow.

Hmmm...it's been so long since I've written anything, there is so much to talk about but I can't think of anything. Oh ya, my secret santa (westy) sent me a really cool gift and it was really fun. Thank you Westy! I sent Wizardress her gift late - which so should have been there by now, but I guess she hasn't got it yet. I hope soon. It's very Canadian and I had fun shopping for her.

Better run. More later.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there!! How are ya young lady!? So good to see you, glad you found me!

    Sounds like you had a great Christmas, good for you. :)

    Don't worry, we're all in the same boat trying to get used to this new blog site, you'll get it, just like the rest of us will in time. Hang in there.

    Congrats on starting a new family, children add so much to a happy, loving marriage. I'm sure you and your husband will be wonderful parents! :)

    Keep in touch, ya hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about waiting for the financial security. So many women wait and when they finally go on mat leave, they become strapped trying to keep up their former lifestyle.
    Emily's going back to school tomorrow, and I have to work too.
    I'm following Roux, she's on my page. Bobby was away but I'm sure he'll start something soon. I miss forest too!
    I'm so glad to see so many favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here :) I wasn't sure if I was going to blog again since I rambled on about nothing most of the time but so many people (not a ton by any standard but a couple) have been asking me where I'm going to blog so since most of my faves are here well here I am.

    I heard bobby was coming to blogspot too, let me know if you find him before I do.

    I've wondered how the Christmas season went for you with all the family and stuff.

    Congratulations on starting a new addition to the family. I know you will have fun trying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timbook - thanks for the nice words! It does kinda feel like we are our own little shipwrecked community doesn't it? lol.

    Kate - yep, that's why we waited a bit. Although I'm not old (yet lol) I keep feeling the clock telling me I'm going to run out of time soon! Yikes.

    Forest - welcome aboard! I think we all just relate and like to keep in touch. Great to see you here. I can relate to your husband being away, nice to see I'm not the only one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.