Sunday, July 31, 2011

Concern and Setbacks

It's been an odd day, well week.

I found out a few months ago that my BIL made a stupid mistake.  He got drunk and kissed another girl.  Bad thing about it is that it was my sister's best friend.  He claims she instigated it and he didn't stop it right away.  Fast forward almost a year and he told my sister.  Things have been rocky and she was hurt, but it seems that they were somewhat struggling along and things were getting better.

When they were here a few weeks ago, they seemed ok.  Together.  Happy.

The other night my mom said that she is taking my sisters kids every other weekend for the next while.  Which surprised me, since my mom needs a break too.  Until this, my mom didn't know anything about the situation.  So she said she cant' talk to me about it.  I'm not sure if something new has happened or if she has just found out about what happened before.  The plan is to give my sister a break and let them work things out.

I've spoken to my sister a few times and she hasn't said anything about something new going on.  My BIL posted a strange comment on FB tonight about trying to get it back or something equally concerning.  I text m sister to see if she was ok and she didn't answer me.

I'm quite worried for her.  I hope they are ok.  I'm a bit emotional tonight and I could cry for them.  I'm praying for them.  They've been married 10 years this coming Thursday...

Moving on...earlier tonight R found a bed on Kijiji for the baby and asked me to go pick it up for him.  No problem.  I had to go through downtown briefly but it looked simple enough.  The street my GPS told me to take was closed due to construction so I had to take another bridge, when I got to the end it told me to turn and I was confused and somehow ended up going the wrong way on a one-way street.  A mainly, usually busy street.  I noticed within seconds and by sheer luck there was minimal traffic.  I pulled up on the curb and whipped around to go the right direction.  Whilst trying not to freak out.

Within 5 seconds I was pulled over by a Sheriff who saw the end part of my turn, over the second curb.  At this point I was shaking and trying not to cry.  He asked me what happened, I told him I was new to the city and got confused.  He told me there was a sign and it was a $172 ticket for not obeying traffic signals.  He took my license and insurance.  By this point, there was 2 more police cars and they blocked the entire 2 lanes of the street.

He told them I turned wrong, they laughed and drove away.  I was in tears.  He came back and lectured me a bit, I took off my glasses and he told me not to cry and that he wasn't going to give me a ticket.  But to pay more attention.

I still don't know where I was supposed to go on that damn bridge.

I kept driving and finally got to the house.  To find out that they had sold the bed 20 minutes before I got there.  Even though R had told him I was going to be there in an hour.  I was pissed.

Tonight sucks.  I'm worried about my sister.  I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. If it was a year ago I often wonder why he told her at all? Usually when something like that happens AND you tell your spouse it is really meant to hurt them.

    I'm so sorry. Just tell your sister that you are there for her if she wants to talk. There are always 2 sides to the coin so you just have to listen a lot.

    You are a great sister so she will eventually come around.

    love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. So sorry about your sister's troubles! I have found that most of the time, you confess that stuff when the guilt gets too much. Thankfully, it was just a kiss...but the betrayal! I'll keep good thoughts that they get through it.
    Also - yikes!! Man, I'd be crying if I drove the wrong way too. Keep your chin up! There's a whole new week starting tomorrow. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.