Monday, July 18, 2011

My rescue

Nah...nothing dramatic like that.  But a crappy way to start the week.

Last night I couldn't sleep.  My sister and her kids were still there, my nephew was upstairs with us and he kept getting up.  It was hot and sticky and I kept waking up.  I finally pulled my butt outta bed around 6am and was ready to leave at 6:30. 

Hopped in the car and drove a block and realized something was wrong, car was pulling to the side, hard and starting to smell.  No dash lights but I knew what it was.  Pulled over...flat tire.  On the ground flat.  Damn. 

So I tried to call R.  No Answer.  I called his work cell.  No answer.  Text him.  Still no answer.  By then I was flustered and mad.  Called my sister.  No answer.

So I walked the 4 blocks home.  Glad I was close.  Not so glad I was wearing strappy sandals today.  Woke my Brother in law up and he jumped out of bed to come help me. 

Because I was flustered I forgot to set the park brake and the car rolled a teeny bit, enough to wreck my jack however.  Grrrr.  Either way he changed the tire and I drove R's cell phones to him at work.  As I pulled in, he pulled in behind me.  He had driven to the house to get them.  Haha. 

Stupid thing is that I know how to change a tire.  I've done it before.  The only thing I'm not sure of is where to place the damn jack.  So the day I was going in early I was 1/2 hour late.  My boss was fine however. 

Ever want to start a day (or week) over?

2 comments:

  1. what a way to start the week.... :-( Glad things worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! That will ruin your day...

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.