Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Keep up? Or Catch up?

At some point you just have to throw in the towel and accept the fact that there might not ever be a point of catching up.  Keeping up is a pipe dream.  I'm at that point.  My to-do list keeps getting longer and longer every day.  Blogging right now is not a scheduled event, but I need to take some time to gather my thoughts. 

Work is chaotic.  With filling in for 2 positions plus my own very busy position, I'm not sure I can keep going like this.  I have a lot to do and I try to keep pushing, one step at a time, but I'm overwhelmed this morning.  There is just too much to do.  *sigh*

Home is not much better.  We have been trying to finish with the last of the setting up.  While at the same time, prepare for company, clean the yard, keep up with the housework and try to stop and have a break every now and then.  We knew the yard would be a huge undertaking.  I know the flower beds need tending.  There are multiple beds and they all need weeding.  I have been putting it off.  By the time I get home from work, make supper and clean up I'm beat.  I have no inclination to go outside and bake in the sun, wedding over-grown flower beds. 

R is grouchy too.  He feels the same as I do.  That we are constantly running around.  He mowed last night and built some shelves in the (finally) build shed.  I need to pick up some gardening gloves (maybe at lunchtime today?).  Tonight my step mother (ESM) is coming to stay for a few days. 

Both R and I work Thursday and Friday so I'm not sure what she is going to do during the day on Friday, and I have no idea how long she's staying for.  Although that is typical ESM behaviour.  Either way my plan is to tackle at least 1 flower bed tonight.  I might cheat and pick a small one, but I will get one done tonight.  ESM won't arrive until 8 or 9 so I should be able to do one tonight.  Maybe I just have to set smaller goals like that. 

I made Thai Coconut chicken last night (over rice) - it was delish!  And it's hot today.  Welcome Summer!  You're FINALLY here!

Oh and my allergies are still here.  Slightly better, but still here.  Bah!  I'm so ready for a holiday...

2 comments:

  1. I just came across and I couldnt agree more. Sometimes theres just not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Summer finally arrived for you. Take a minute and do the best you can...

    Love ya,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.