Monday, August 1, 2011

Progress

Today I decided to tackle the scrapbooking mess.  I say mess because it was all contained to appear like it was organized and put away.  It looked like this before:


It actually looked ok.  I didn't know where anything was, but it was contained in my travel case, a rolling set of drawers and a few baskets and boxes.  The plastic drawers on the left were given to me by my sister 2 weeks ago.  I opened everything up and it looked like this for awhile...


 It was a bit daunting...however, I tossed a bunch of stuff I won't use and stuff that was given to me.  I was able to clean it up in a few hours and now it looks like this:


The picture is a bit blurry...oops, guess I was just so excited lol.  Anyhow I know where most things are too! It's fully sorted and my travel cases are empty.  So I can use them for travelling, not storage.  I'm super excited to work in this space now!  I ordered a ton of pictures from Costco online on Sunday, not realizing they are closed for the holiday today.  So they will be ready tomorrow by noon.  And I'll be able to get started on my project.  I have almost 2 full days to work on it.  I still have to deal with this mess:


But it's only ribbon and nothing in the box, so I just need to think of a better system.  I have a ribbon bag, but that is more for short pieces not 10000 yards lol.  Although I love how pretty it looks and it is super useful for shorter lengths, it's just not practical for anything over 1 yard:


I need something like this:


Although a dowel would work just fine too.  Now that I don't need to keep my stuff as mobile, it's a lot easier to set up.

Apparently today was a scrapbooking tour!  I love organization.

1 comment:

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.