Thursday, July 14, 2011

Checking out

The next 7 days at a glance…


- 18 appointments
- 8 Interviews
- ½ day course
- 2 meetings

I quite honestly don’t think I would remember to do half the things I need to remember to do without my Outlook calendar. We have a love-hate relationship. I love that it helps with my organization and so that I don’t forget meetings, but I hate it when it beeps at me when I’m too busy to listen to it.

I’m in the process of scheduling interviews for 2 positions. Half of them I don’t (think) I have to be a part of, but the other half I’m a bit worried I’ll end up leading the interviews. It’s not my position to interview for. I was asked to sit in and I’m great with that, but sheesh. I also sorted through and picked out the potential candidates. Should be interesting as they start interviews tomorrow. It’s for the payroll position that I’ve been helping to cover. I’ll be very happy when it’s filled!

My Dad and step-mom are coming to stay/visit tonight. I didn’t even get the house cleaned up. I was so tired, I ended up having a nap on the couch. My sister is coming up Friday and I was going to clean up for that too, but then she told me she’s bringing her dog. Her big, hairy, black lab. Who is a sweetheart, but sheds terribly. I didn’t end up vacuuming. Why bother?

I need to organize my day. It’s after 10 and I’ve been running all over. I need to prioritize what needs to be done and what can wait.

It’s getting close to holiday time and I’m super excited about it. This girl is B.U.R.N.T. out. I’ve been running like crazy for months and if I don’t take a break soon, I’m likely to scream. And possibly lose my mind. R might have the time off, he might not. He just started with this company so he won’t have vacation time saved up. Either way, if I’m off alone, I’m ok with it. I’ll keep busy.

We are going to go camping next weekend I think. He mentioned it last night and it sounds fun. We both are in dire need of a break. This weekend will be the 3rd in a row with company.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! AND, I agree with your philosophy--if a dog is going to come and shed all over the place, no point vacuuming beforehand!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.