Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

This is my desk at work.  My goal for today is to clean it off before I go home.  I used to clean my desk off every day before I went home, but lately I'm just so rushed and busy that I don't bother, or at the very least I pile it up nicely.  I hate a messy desk. 

It is an ecclectic mess however: various company cell phones, sticky memo note pads, water bottles, laptop, incident reports, social committee binder, sparkly hand lotion, a bookmark, a memo that needs revising.  My personality is somewhere on this desk, however it's a bit in hiding currently.  You can see the flower that I taped to my monitor on the top left.  It's a silver poinsetta flower from Christmas, but I like it, so it stayed up.  I have my 'Book of Answers' on the desk corner and various things placed here and there.  Either way, my day is half over, thankfully.  I want the weekend to be here!

Tomorrow is Canada Day and a holiday.  I somewhat doubt we'll be doing anything fun related, other than watching the fireworks.  Apparently we can see them from our front yard, so I'm hopeful. 

Tomorrow R will be moving the garage (tonight too) and I'll be house cleaning in preparation for my mom and step-dad coming to visit.  Saturday I'm going back to help clean out my great-aunt's house and Saturday evening my company arrives.  Sunday we have the baby as usual.  I'm hoping to get the house cleaned up and the final stuff put away - it's time. 

I want to pick paint colors too.  And get started. 

Any fun weekend plans?

2 comments:

  1. My daughter just started a new job and she sent me a pic of her new desk from her cell phone. I think it's fun to make your desk your own...even if that means a mess.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.