Monday, June 6, 2011

Randoms

- Tonight is an at home date night.  We've busted our butts for weeks and we need a fun relaxing night.  Pirates of the Caribbean movie marathon and Alfredo lasagna...mmmmm yum!
- We did a great job of unpacking.  The house looks great.  I'm thrilled with how close we are to being finished!  We even managed to get rid of a few things!!
- Will managers ever believe that someone on compensation is actually hurt?  It seems like every time someone gets hurt they immediately think it's faking.  It's tiring to have to babysit every comp case.  You know.  Just in case.
- I finally had a productive day today.  Been super hectic and never seem to have time to get to the smaller things on my list.
- I found out today that the Disability Management Course I signed up for on Wednesday is actually a full day course.  Dammit!  That is going to be dull!  And I don't really have time to use an entire day for it.  *sigh*
- It's raining today.  I don't actually mind, I like the rain.
- I found out the disability claim that I've been covering the position for is likely going to be denied.  That should be fun to tell the employee.  Not.  And further does that mean we can proceed and hire?  Because filling in for her sucks big time!

On the upside, I'm thrilled with how great the house is starting to look!!!  Pictures will come once it's all set up and more organized.   Followed by before and afters haha, we still have to paint...

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to pics!

    -kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she can come back. Disability in the USA is a slippery slope. Most folks DO NOT want disability and would rather work even though they have legitimate disability claims so when someone ACTUALLY sits it out people think they are being babies or lazy...

    This as per my Occupational Health wife perspective.

    She sometimes lets people go back to work who are clearly injured because they beg to go back. Often she gives them limited duty but some of these people should really rest and heal.

    I went to work the day I had my heart converted back to Normal Sinus rhythm. They converted me at 5am and I was in the office at 9.

    Tell them to toughen up!!!!

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.