Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Art of the Backhanded Compliment

I have a co-worker who has mastered the art of the backhanded compliment.  You know, the one where you say thank you but then you are left wondering what it really meant...

"You're hair looks great today...you almost can't tell you need a haircut."

Excuse me?

That would be my co-worker.  The one who gets all worked up when I tell her that I think 'Pool Towel' is a terrible name for a candle scent.  I would think 'Pool Towel' would smell like chlorine and musty old towel.  But I digress.

I have a full office day today.  Yesterday I was in another Workers Compensation Course for a half day, then I was preparing for the Job Fair I've lined up for tomorrow.  The Job Fair is a full day, however, I'll only be working half of it.  I have a few scheduled meetings that I need to run so I can't be away the full day.  I was going to pass it onto my Health & Safety co-worker, but he gave notice on Monday. 

This means 2 things.  I have to fill in for him for some things until they hire someone else, which will be awhile and I have to sit with him soon (hopefully today) and basically write down all this information...login's, contacts, any pertinent information.  Fun. 

However, I am getting a bonus out of it.  My boss is buying me a Cricut!  I've wanted one for so long, but couldn't justify the cost.  Either way, hopefully it's here by the weekend :) 

Life is crazy.  The dog versus the house debate with the landlord has been settled, it will be fine.  An additional deposit, but otherwise fine.  I skipped dance class last night and had a nap on the couch instead, it was great. 

I'm ready for the weekend.  I need a break.  It's my 1 year anniversary with R on Monday and Father's Day on Sunday.  We'll have the baby on Sunday so I will get him a card and a small gift from her, although I have no idea what just yet.  For some reason I was thinking our anniversary was on Saturday, we might still go out and celebrate Saturday.  It's been one hell of a year :)

1 comment:

  1. Your retort should be "coming from you that was a sweet thing to say"...

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.