Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thoughts

My little man.  Blayden.  My nephew.

B and I have a connection.  We always have.  Since he was born.  I missed his birth due to a phone malfunction, to which I promptly bought a cell phone.  My sister lived in the same town as I did then and I spent a lot of time with them.  I was at her house at least once a week, sometimes more.  B's initials are on my right shoulder - like I said we have a connection.

I am his favorite auntie.  He has an uncle and 2 other auntie's that live in the same town as they do now.  I miss him a lot.  I miss my sister, but often when I plan a visit it's because I want to see her kids.  The youngest is a free spirit and wild.  B is a bit more grown up.  They both often surprise me, K (the youngest) decided that she was a big girl and basically potty trained herself in less than 2 weeks - before she was even 2!  The other day (she's just over 2 now) she picked up the phone when I called my mom's house and she sang me twinkle, twinkle. 

I mail B books on cd and crafts - when Canada Post is not on strike. 

I think I need to plan a trip to visit.  I miss my kids :)

This week is rolling on, busy as they always are.  I have 4 meetings booked this week already and I'm sure more to come.  I'm still filling in for payroll, but fortunately I don't have anything payroll related to do until tomorrow afternoon so I can continue to work on my job tasks.  They have taken a backseat since mid-April so I'm happy to be getting my very long to-do list back in order. 

I have policies to update, forms to create, job ad's to make and post.  I forgot to mention my application for University was processed.  I had to re-apply this time from open studies into a program and I was accepted.  I paid my $125 deposit and tomorrow I can register for my course!  I'm going to take 'Recruitment and Selection' - which sounds a bit dull, but should be great for work.  I love that my job is paying for my education!! 

However, work is calling.  Again. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Family is important. So is your education.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.