Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vent and the Cha Cha

2 posts in one day you say?  Yes, because I'm annoyed and if I don't get it out, I'm liable to march upstairs, wake R up and b*tch slap him.

Do all men get all cranky when they stay home and their girlfriends, wives, significant others go out?  Because I'm on round 2 and baby let me tell you, I'm getting mighty sick of it.  Seriously.  C used to get cranky at me if I was out too late and what was I doing, blah, blah, blah.

R isn't like that at all, but the man doesn't think ahead or notice anything.  If I make an effort, put on a dress, you should damn well say something about it.  Especially if I put on a dress to go out with you!  But no, he never notices, I never get a "you look nice".  Why is that so difficult?

I went out tonight with a girlfriend.  I don't do this too often so I was excited, dressed up a bit, what did he say?  Ooh you're wearing a dress.  And...that's it.  No "you look nice" just you're wearing a dress - well thank you Captain Obvious.  So he knew I was going to be out a bit late.  I call him at 11:30 and he's sleeping, ok no big deal, but he gets all cranky on the phone because I woke him up.  Well 99.999999% of the time he's up until after midnight 7 days a week - I figured he'd be awake.

I tell him I'll talk to him when I get home, he says I've already woken him up, but then he doesn't talk.  Whatever.  I get home and he didn't leave any lights on for me and didn't bother to mention there is a big stinky tent set up - in the freaking living room!

So annoying.  I'm partially annoyed because of the stupid little things but I'm also annoyed because another night out that was a lot of fun, had a shitty ending.

The upside - tonight was fun!  We went for dinner and drinks and then to a dance class, learned the Cha Cha and East Coast Swing.  After the class there was a 2 1/2 hour dance party that you could stay for.  Got my groove on, got asked to dance, had some fun!

Sheesh Men!

1 comment:

  1. I think that with some men, you've got to be upfront and ask for what you need.
    Glad you had fun!

    kate

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.