Friday, August 26, 2011

Fail

Ok, I fail at blogging lately.  I just don't have time.  I'm going to try to keep doing the 10 day challenge, but it's gonna be spread out.  lol.  Maybe next week I'll try again.  I'm not sure who I was kidding when I figured I could blog 10 days in a row, lol.

Last night I learned 2 new things.

1. Irish Cream Fudge is good.  And easy to make.  I will post the recipe later this week.  Yum!

2. Ink does not come out of a carpet easy, but it will come out.  My dog the bugger that she is, feels the need to jump on the desk and steal things when she gets bored during the day.  It's sporatic, some times she won't do it for weeks and then sometimes it happens daily.  Wednesday she got a hold of a pen.  She's not great at hiding things, so leaving the pen pieces on the carpet was my first sign. 

I threw it away, gave her crap and moved on.  I noticed she had some ink spots on her (freshly washed I might add) leg that same night but figured whatever.  Last night I happened to walk past and see this spot on the carpet.  We have this area rug in the living room, huge rug that has a tall pile and it shaggy.  It's a cream-ish color, with some grey and brown threads that run through it.  I took a look and found this ink spot. 

I tried to blot it up with paper towel and it just made a bigger mess.

I Googled it and found out you can use WD-40 or rubbing alcohol.  Since I have  a dog and at any given time she or the baby or R will roll around on the carpet, I chose the rubbing alcohol, it evaporates and doesn't stink like WD-40. 

Long story short, I was able to get 90% of it out, however, it makes a bigger mess first.  The alcohol dissolves the ink but spreads it around.  I need to have another go at it tomorrow and see if I can get the rest out. 

Moral of the story:  Give the dog a kong with treats once in a while and keep the desk clear...it's less work. 

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful blogger. I have been a loyal fan FOREVER!!!

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.