Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend Review, A.K.A. the post with a lot of pictures


This is where I spent my weekend.  It was beautiful.  I forgot how much I enjoy camping.  The water was cool and refreshing, the weather beautiful, not too hot, but warm enough that the water was enticing.  We had a bit of a rocky start.  We left later than we anticipated due to R working late and not pre-packing the jeep earlier.  Then we stopped to use the washroom and found out the jeep was leaking oil from the rear diff and then every place in that town was closed.  When we finally got there it was dark and getting cool.  Setting up the tent in the dark wasn't fun, but we managed to shake it off and start fresh Saturday morning.  R took my nephew B fishing, so cute. 


We could see this view from our chairs around the firepit.  I love BC.  So beautiful.


Chiquita came too!  She's starting to be quite the little camper.  This was at the start of the trip, she had her bed and she could look out the windows so she was happy. 


R was pretending to be annoyed at my picture taking.  Lol.  I've starting bringing my camera with me everywhere and taking pictures whenever possible.  I got some good ones this weekend.


I'm a bit mad I didn't get a picture of my sisters and I this year.  We took this one last year in someone's tent, although I'm not sure who, lol. 


Although I did get one of some sisters!  My SIL on the left and my sister on the right. 

Matching toe rings.  That you can't really see, haha.

B and his snake.  He played with it.  All. Day. Long.  For hours.  He was so careful with it too.  He was very gentle and wanted to keep it. 


Little K.  She's had the nickname Bam-Bam (Flintstones anyone?) forever, but this weekend she adopted the name Pig-Pen and oh my, was she ever. 


She was happy when she was in the dirt.  Clean clothes?  Nope.  In her jammies, in clothes, no shoes or with shoes, she was filthy all weekend.  And quite happy.


As was my dog.  Rolling in the dirt or sleeping in it.  She loves the sun!


R cooking in his silly camping hat.  Good thing it's only a camping hat.  The man never wears hats but he wore this one the whole time we were there. 

And possibly one of my favorite photos from the weekend, some loves with mommy. 

We got home late on Sunday, tired and dirty.  It was a good thing I was off Monday.  There was a ton of laundry to do and unpacking.  I also had to get an oil change and go to the lawyer for the 3rd time to have the mortgage papers signed.  I hope that is final soon.  Ugh.

Back to work today and it should be a good week.  I have enough to keep me busy and some stuff that will feel great to cross off the to-do list. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that looks like a lot of fun. I'm almost ready to do some camping...We are in the path of a nasty hurricane presently.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.