Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sisters


My 2 sisters and I, about 7 (or so) years ago.  I'm in the middle.

I've always thought of sisters as a fluid concept.  It changes for me.  In real family life I have 2 blood sisters, one to the left of me above and another sister that I haven't spoken to in 10 or more years.  The sister to the right of me is my step-sister.  Her mother is married to my father, but we have no blood relatives.  We are sisters by marriage only.  Technically.  But she is my sister.

I also have sisters and mothers that are not related.  My old friend in BC is my momma.  I need to call her!  Her daughter?  My other sister.  My best friend from high school?  Another sister. 

Sometimes my sisters are plentiful, other times they are less.  Currently I have 5 or so sisters (not including the one I don't speak with). 

I'm craving some sister time.  I was planning on heading to see my sister at Easter, but my mom wants to come up and see us at the same time.  I don't want my mom to feel un-welcome, but I really want sister time.  Not mother and daughters time.  So I'm going to bow out of that weekend so as to not hurt my mom's feelings and go up some other time in April.  I have some bank days I need to take off anyhow. 

It's a bit more complicated sometimes.  My sisters live in the same town as my Dad and step-mom and my other sister from high school.  When I go to visit, there is always a lot to do, and many people to see.  If my mom is there, then my dad can't come visit and it limits my time away from my sisters house where I stay.  The frustrations of having divorced parents that can't stand each other I suppose. 

Either way, I'm very excited for sister-time.  Playing with kids.  Girl talk.  Time away from home.  Staying up late, drinking wine, hot tub. 

R is staying home too, so this will be my time away.  Leaving the dog with him...haha not that he knows just yet.  He'll be working Thursday and Friday anyhow, so it's not a big deal.  But I can't wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.