Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stick a fork in me...I'm done

Wowza what a day!

Was freakin' tired this am. Got very little sleep. Got up at 5:45am, went to my course, it was informative, but the first session had me running for the coffee that I rarely drink, just to stay awake. Yikes.

Then I got a text from my mom, saying she was sorry to tell me this but my Grandfather went into congestive heart failure this morning and they weren't sure he was going to last the day. And a voicemail from my friend at head office, saying I'd better get my butt to the GM's office today and ask for that transfer. I called the GM, asked for a meeting after my courses, called my mom, papa was ok for now. Went back to the course.

Got through the course, went to my meeting - got approved for the transfer! Final details on Monday.

Headed for mom's house, another 2 hours away - in the wrong direction from my house and got the call on the way...papa passed away.

I'm wiped. Sad. Tired.

The news on the transfer is more in-depth, but today it just doesn't seem right to celebrate, so I'm going to go have a glass of wine with my mom and sister and details will follow probably tomorow.

1 comment:

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.