Friday, January 14, 2011

When it rains...

...it pours!

R was "temporarily" laid off yesterday. FRICK! I don't feel too worried just yet. I'm definitely concerned. Can we catch a damn break??

He was paid for last night. He filed Uneployment last night, he got up with me at 6am today to update his resume. He's already applying for jobs today. He's calling people he does on-the-side welding jobs for today to find out if they have things coming up. He's a survivor and I'm sure he'll have something by the end of next week.

He wanted to leave that company anyhow...but on his terms...with another job lined up. I'm determined not to stress out about it. Frick though. I'm proud of him for his resiliance and pushing to find something better.

Glass half full? You betcha baby! We are going to rock this. This is what he needed to find a new, better job, working day shift (no more nights - woo hoo!) and better pay. I'm optimistic.

And heading to mom's for the weekend today. I'm only working until 12:30 so I'm a pretty happy girl today, despite yesterday's events.

2 comments:

  1. Well... "Frick" as you so sweetly put it is right! BUt you know what? You are right- you are going to rock it! I just know it! There are so many good things in store for you dear- and I cannot wait to hear about them!

    Have fun out of town this weekend- I will be out of town as well. BUT I cannot wait to catch up after that!
    So glad that we have found each other!

    xoxo-
    Your "blog" friend

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.