Sunday, April 19, 2009

Some Anniversary

....indeed. Chris got called into work!!!!!!!

That's basically unheard of! My show today got cancelled by an 8:30am phone call. Not enough people coming, well more postphoned. Anyhow, so we got up, made breakfast, cleaned up and headed outside to do a bit of yard work. Chris pulled out the pressure washer for me and I did a total cleaning of my SUV - inside and out. It looks awesome!

Anyhow, so we planting some bushes we got bought yesterday when a consultant that Chris works for called and asked what he was doing and when he'd be done. Chris says, oh 10 minutes or so, why? And the consultant says - I need a guy to go to Dawson Creek. We're leaving in an hour!!!!! OMG!!!!

So we run into the house, he packs his clothes, I grab him so grub to take to the hotel (good thing we've got a good supply of canned and frozen stuff!!) and away we go. I take him to the city and drop him off.

So, some Anniversary!

It's a funny thing his job. I have to mentally prepare myself for when he goes back to work. It's much harder when we get surprised like this and can't think and prepare for him leaving. It's strange. I think it'll only be a few days at most, they're on stand by. So basically sitting there waiting to see if someone needs thier help. But it still pays. And a full month into break up - well a few days $ is great. If he gets 4 - 5 days, it'll be enough to pay the mortgage for next month and few other bills. This means $ we won't have to take out of savings account! Yippee for that!

It sucks that we don't get to spend the rest of our anniversary together. And it sucks that we have tickets for a monster truck show on Saturday night that if he's not back intime for we won't get to see, but in this business you work when you can. And in this economy you don't say no.

It's a big deal to be the one out of thousands off work to get the call. Even if it is for a few days.

All I know is that Chiquita and I miss him already.

1 comment:

  1. It may suck but that is what pays the bills. I respect that.

    When you do have time make the most of it!!!!

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.