Saturday, April 18, 2009

notice

I gave my notice at work yesterday. About 30 seconds before I left the office for the day. And about 20 minutes after I cleaned out my desk and took practically all of my belongings, and erased a ton of shit off my computer.

Never can be too careful.

I know it's going to hit like a ton of bricks and they will all be shocked. But it was a bit exciting to do... hehehe

I spoke with my new boss and she is great....well emailed. And I spoke with the HR from the new company. I'm all set. I have to get a physical before hire (wtf?) and training in Calgary for 2 - 3 days. The offer is a raise of $4000/yr to start and in 3 months an evaluation (maybe sooner if I'm doing well) and a raise of another $2000 - $4000/yr. I'm pretty excited. I finally broke the salary barrier that I've been beating my head against for years!

Today we are cleaning the house and relaxing. I can't believe it's after 3 already. Yikes where did the day go??

Tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been 1 year since we got married! Crazy. And I have an epicure show at 1pm.

Well I'm off to make a saskatoon pie!

2 comments:

  1. well, congratulations on both fronts. anyway, about leaving your current job, don't you have to give them 2-weeks notice? that's standard practice in the u.s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's standard and common courtesy to give 2 weeks, however I don't think there is a law or anything...

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.