Friday, June 5, 2009

Summary

I used to blog almost everyday during the week. Then my job changed and I wasn’t able to access it online. Now I have a new job and I’m so busy I don’t have time to blog.

However, I miss it, so I need to find a way and some time to do it. After JS ceased it seems harder and harder to keep track of where people are and due to my lack of time lately it’s even worse.

Enough of that.

So….break up is almost over – thank goodness! I love having my husband home, but having no influx of a regular paycheck sucks. We finally were approved for EI, but it took 9 weeks to come in and they owed him 7 weeks of back pay. Things were getting tight. We finally got a payment, and built our fence with it, lol.

We also got a tax bill stating that we owe 2 years of taxes – grrrrrr! Stupid lawyer didn’t take care of it. So while Chris is not working, we now owe $1800 of property taxes that is not in our budget, and it’s accumulated a full year of interest. Nice hey? I need to call our mortgage company and see if they can help us in some way. That lawyer was the dumbest guy and he messed up several times on our file and it annoys me we had to pay him so much!

The new job is great – I love it. I miss the guys I used to work with, but I love the new and the challenge of something better. I’m still training, or learning so it takes me awhile and I’m massively behind as no one did the job for 6 weeks before I started, but I’m working steadily and getting closer to catching up. If only I could get what I have on my “to-do” list done today I’ll be pretty current. Although I’m not exactly sure I’ll be able to do that, but I’m working on it.

I’m exhausted and so ready for the weekend. We’ve been working on the fence all week and last weekend, and it’s pretty much finally close to being done. We had planned a BBQ with our neighbors tonight, but they said they’d come if it wasn’t raining. It’s snowing/raining/sleeting this morning. *sigh*

Well better get to it and see what I can accomplish this morning.

1 comment:

  1. I hated being behind in property taxes!
    Is 1800 for a full year? That's not bad. Ours is almost $2600.00/year.
    Hope it doesn't rain tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.