Monday, June 8, 2009

A new week

It’s been a busy day. Funny how in my old job I had tons of time everyday to do nothing, I was bored. Now I’m behind from the old person leaving and no one doing this job for about 6 weeks and I’m really busy. It’s actually coming along pretty well that I’m catching up. My goal is to be current by the end of this week. I think I should be able to do it.

I have a list of things to do daily amongst submitting claims for 5 different manufacturers. The bulk of it is truck side (versus engine) and is the easy stuff to code and claim. The other 4 are all engine related and have to be claimed through a different manufacturer. Anyhow, I had a TON of engine claims to code, claim and close. I did about 17 of them on Friday – which is a lot! Anyhow, I have some that need to be checked on to see what their status is, some that need to be submitted and others that I just need to code the credits. It’s coming along, but I swear I had over 100 claims that were waiting to be processed when I started. And they were keeping all the claims and work orders in my office. I swear on my one shelf alone I had about 2000 pages.

Either way I’ve been clearing out the excess paper and trying to get it all cleared up to current. It’ll be much, much easier to keep up once I’m current and I can maintain the schedule they want me to do. For right now I’m just winging it, hoping that eventually I can keep up and get to working on some other stuff – as in changing a few processes to make it easier. For right now, the days are going by very fast and I’m always busy.

We had a good weekend. The weather was crappy and cold so we stayed inside and watched CSI on DVD. My Dad and my step-mom are coming to stay with us on Friday night and Sunday night and I have a party in the city on Saturday night. So, Chris is finishing painting the breezeway and the spare room closet doors. Once the doors are painted that room is completely finished. I’m looking forward to that. We are considering starting a new project in the spare bathroom. It’ll be pretty easy and way faster than the spare room. We’re still planning on scraping the stippling off the ceiling, removing the joiners on the walls, painting the ceiling and painting the walls. But because of how small the room is, I mean it IS a bathroom, it should be done quickly. However, sanding will of course get dust throughout the house. Again. I guess it can’t be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.