Sunday, March 15, 2009

Instead of cleaning up like I'm supposed to today, I'm...:
- Playing on Facebook.
- Watching TV.
- Blogging.
- Text messaging Chris.
- Wandering from room to room.
- Thinking about my eliptical and how I should do it today.

And many other things. Really all I need to do it tidy a bit and finish the laundry. It would take me less than an hour, but I swear I have no motivation to do it. I just don't want to. But on the other hand when I'm doing all this other crap, I feel bad, because I know I need to finish my stuff. I should just get off here and do it...maybe I will.

Chris is working. Sheesh, break up is pretty well here. I'm a bit scared for this year. Well to be honest, I'm worried every year, but this year we are starting break up with our savings account down from what it normally is. We'll be fine, but I hope we walk out of it with some savings left!!! Ouch.

My book party for Epicure is doing well. The lady hosting the party was thinking it would sell $250 (which is basically minimum to get any free stuff), but I went and saw her yesterday and she thinks she'll end up with a $500 order!!!! yay! This means $125 for me, with virtually no effort and no work! Yay! It closes tomorrow, so I'll know for sure by then. She was over $300 on Saturday morning.

We've started painting in the house. Slowly. Chris painted the doors white before he left. At first I was a bit worried they wouldn't look good, but they do! They look great! When he gets home, we are hoping to replace the trim around all the doors and paint it white too. Then we are going to paint the spare bathroom a sand color and replace the trim on the floor and around the door too. It's crappy looking and won't paint well. It's not even real wood! It will be a dramatic improvement.

I was talking to my MIL yesterday and we were talking about them coming for a visit this year. We were going to send them money to come, but so far we dont have the $ to spare. We are still hoping it can happen. Chris's Dad piped up in the background that he wanted to come here to go hunting with Chris or come for Christmas this year. Chris's mom said she didn't want to travel in the snow and cold. So, we are going to still try to save up about $500 to send to them and hope they can get here this year! Fall would be better for me, that way I can take a week off when they come. It would be nice for them to see the house.

Well maybe I'd better go finish my list, I just remembered I still have to water the plants too, and write up a cover letter for a service job that I want to apply for. I'm totally qualified and it sounds similar to what I'm doing now. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.