Tuesday, March 10, 2009

blah

I'm still having silent arguments with the parts jerk daily. Yesterday he parked in my space and I had to park across the street, my truck almost got hit and I had to crawl in thru the passenger side to move it, getting snow all over.

Today he tried pushing his shipping responsibilies onto me again. He does this every 6 months or so. I told him no. He pushed it more. I went to the branch supervisor, who I share an office with. He told me not to take it over.

3 more staff were laid off in our Edmonton branch today, all technicians, one office person was laid off in Calgary today as well. I guess it's time it hit our company. Sad really. I know my job is secure. Nothing is going to happen to us in the smaller branches, I am secure. Well unless they close the branch, then I'm screwed.

The roads here are super crappy. It took me an extra 15 minutes to get to work this morning. I hate that. It makes my commute a full hour each way.

I volunteered at bingo in my town for tomorrow night. I'm not a fan, I don't mind it, but it's more to try to meet some new people in town. I realize this is not going to help me meet the age group of people that Chris and I are in, but you never know. At the very least it might help me network my business. I'm kinda excited about it. It's going to be a rush to get there! I get off at 4:30 and it's at 5:30 and it's now taking me a full hour to get home...

I'm starting to think I'll never get a job. I guess I might have to consider going back into retail. I really don't want too, but I might have to think about it if I really want to leave my job. It's a damn good thing I didn't just leave...yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Jut do the best you can in the job you have. The economic landscape is very ugly....Oh Good for you on standing your ground...

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.