Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Thoughts

I've been meaning to write all day, but my being a lazy bum got in the way.

I was thinking yesterday...why are we always so early when we fly? We know it's a 2 hour drive (good roads, from our house) to the aiport, either one. (There are 2, one North, one South). But we always end up wayyyy ahead of time and have to sit and wait. Makes me crazy.

Why does Chris always set the metal detector off in security? He always does. I think he must have metal in his blood or something. Strange.

Why do I do nothing on the first day I have alone? I always do it. It's like a day to be a bum on the couch and relax. It's kinda nice, but for sure sets of the loneliness early.

I'm sure I could go on, but I won't. I did manage to apply for 3 or so jobs today. I love email! I hope that I can hear something. Now that I've decided that I'm going to leave this company, it's not soon enough. I hate going into work now. Every day I dread going in and I hate it. I hope I hear something soon. At least Chris is working, this is good.

I've decided we are going to paint the walls in the house. I'm tired of white, I need some color. I decided to start in the guest bathroom (it's small haha) and I picked up a bunch of color swatches yesterday. I used that putty stuff to stick the swatches on the wall in there. I go in there often just to look at the colors, ha, I'm a dork.

My mom is coming up in 2 weeks and I'm so excited! I can't wait to see her! We have no plans, but I haven't seen her since NYE, so I'm looking forward to it.

I miss Chris already. He's been gone since yesterday morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a long set.

I paid off a credit card on Friday! Well the brick card - we used it to buy our stove. The interest period is up March 15th or so, but I paid it off the other day, it feels great! 1 down, 50 to go! No just kidding, there are a bit more bills to go, but this is a start!

I've put together a spreadsheet of all the gifts we have to buy through out the year. It's staggering. I mean really. Between Chris's family and mine, it's stupidly insane. I've started shopping early and so far it's working out well. Some months are heavy (November has 4 b-days, and May has 1 b-day and 3 mother's days). I figure if I can pick up stuff on sale early it won't be so bad when the time comes to actually get the rest. Plus a bunch of it has to be mailed out and that means I have to be ready in advance. I'm also going to start saving up for Christmas. Whatever I can stash away.

I've already put away $1000 in savings for the fence too! It truly is amazing what we can pay off and save when Chris is working. I'm estimating that we'll need about $3000 for the fence we plan to build this summer. And if there is any way we can get to Nova Scotia this year, that would be great too! I was hoping we could give Chris's parents money to come to us, but I'm not sure if that will work either. We'll have to see. As long as Chris is working, we should be able to manage one or the either. In january, I managed to save up $1000 in cash and put almost $3000 on bills (including the $1100 to pay off the stove)! This is why we struggle and cut back and find a way for him to stay in this field. Because when he's working, the pay is good.

I've missed blogging. I hope I can keep up better this week than the last 2!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your search. Just be careful that your next company will survive this economic depression...

    Is your current company doing allright because having a job beats the alternative...

    It is getting rough in the states.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally gave up buying gifts for Bill's family AND mine. Maybe some gift cards, but usually not. I think it was a relief for them too, because this year no one did it.
    Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad your mom is coming for a visit. she can help paint the house. as for gift-giving, maybe you can suggest that everyone should buy his/her own gift this year. it would be swell, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.