Tuesday, February 3, 2009

to quit or not to quit....

Only once in my life have I quit a job without having anything lined up to go to. When I was living in BC I was managing a pawn shop (still one of my top 10 jobs!). Anyhow, so the owner turned crazy and I had had enough. Plus my sister was living in Alberta and had been telling me for years to move up here. So I did. I gave my notice on my apartment, gave my employer notice and poof. Moved up here. I was off for less than a month, but I job hunted everyday. I finally got a job and life was good. I had, had some $ saved up so I ended up ok.

Today there was 2 more straws added to the pile. Chris and my mom both say to just give my notice and leave. I'm tempted. I'm worried that if I do it might end up being a while until I find something new, but I seriously hate my job. I hate what I'm doing and I'm so ready to give up and walk out. They keep adding more and more things to do and keep belittling the stupidest things. I'm so tired.

I have an interview tomorrow with an employment agency at 4:00. There was a job posting that I was interested in, so I sent my resume to the agency who was hiring for them. Turns out, they want to interview me. I'm so nervous! It's been 3 years since I had to do an interview! Anyhow, so if it goes well (pray for me, wish me luck, please!!), then I go into the file and when a job comes up (or if there is one) that I qualify for, they tell me and I can chose whether or not I want it. I'm so exited! Thing is, it could be temp work too. I hope there is something for me. I'm not sure how long my sanity can hold on right now at this job...

3 comments:

  1. Ummm,

    Hang on to the job.It makes your negotiations on the other side easier because you don't come across desperate for a job.

    I know you are miserable. Hang in there.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck. i would love to hear about your pawn shop experience. did you ever get anything cool?

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.