Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekends over...

I realized it's been a few days and it's time to catch up again. I've been so bored lately, that I'm trying to find things to do. With Chris away working, I'm pretty lonely and it helps to find things to do. Not that I'm all that successful lately. I've been doing a lot of reading lol. Anyhow, my mom came up on Friday evening and it's been a great weekend. I miss her and it's so nice to finally have a space (a home) that family can come visit us and have a place to stay.

We've been in this house for almost a year, well 9 months I suppose and I'm still not used to having the space. I love that we have a spare bedroom and an office and they are not combined or cramped.

Anyhow, so my mom was here all weekend and we did some shopping on Saturday and on Sunday we just stayed at home and relaxed. Read a book. My mom made some homemade buns and we froze them. She helped me clean out my deep freeze (ugh, what a chore) and transplant some plants. All things I hate to do. I had today off for Family Day, so it's been a nice, relaxing weekend. Although I'm not ready to go back to work just yet. I did also send in one job application today as well. It's for a very good, very interesting position and the qualifying criteria asks for the exact post-secondary education that I have. I took some time and wrote a specific cover letter as well. Wish me luck.

So my mom left today and my sister is coming up this weekend coming. I'm so excited! She is coming up on Wednesday but is heading to my house on Friday night and all day Saturday. I miss my nephew so much, I'm so excited to see them!!!

Not a lot is going on other than that. I've been reading a lot and that's nice. I think I'm going to head to the used book store this week and see what I can trade off. I need to get onto getting ready for the Epicure (www.epicureselections.com) open house on March 1st. As in advertise and prepare. I have to do it this week, but I need to get a color ink cartridge for my printer first.

I guess this post was mostly housekeeping, but I hope to catch up with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.