Friday, February 6, 2009

Say what?

Umm excuse me, your going where??

That's what I said to Chris when he told me he was leaving in the morning to go to Helmut. My next question was, "where the hell is Helmut?"

Thanks to Google maps, (seriously check it out!), Helmut (Helmet?) is damn near on the border between Alberta and the Northwest Territories. As in freakin' far away! So much for him coming home in 3 days. I'm happy he's working though.

It's a good thing when your company calls you in to save the day! Or in this case, to come operate because they don't know who else to call and your reputation preceeds you and they know you'll do a good job and they can count on you. 4 hours of travel later and he'll be there. Yup, in Helmut, British Columbia.....lol, it's too much!

I got my starter kit for Epicure today (www.epicureselections.com). I'm so excited! The lady at the post office basically guaranteed me a sale (or 2) and now I have a starting point. Man, I'm excited! I'm going to call my sponsor tomorrow and tell her I'm ready to learn!

As for tonight, I'm happy it's Friday and the week is over. Bad news on the paint front - don't know if we can or not. The stupid vinyl covered drywall may not be paintable.

I did a skill test for the staffing agency last night. I did 5 tests; speed typing, alphanumeric typing, 10 key data, excel and word. I scored junior in excel (what?! But come on, who knows all the tips in Excel, I use that damn program all the time...), intermediate in word, speed typing and 10 key data and advanced in alphanumeric! Turns out, I needed to score junior in all 5 to qualify. I totally rocked it! Now all I need is a job offer and I can dazzle them with my results! (Did I mention I feel silly tonight...?) lol.

Well better run, gotta find a road to Helmut.....wait, seriously how do you spell it?!!??!!?!

1 comment:

I adore your comments! Thanks for stopping by.